Fellow of the Australian College of Nurse Practitioners (FACNP)
Fellow of the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses (FACMHN)
Director / Nurse Practitioner
About Sian Pritchard
My professional practice stems from a long-held belief that everyone has the capacity to heal when they have the right support. With over thirty years of nursing experience, I am able to incorporate methods that use both the body and the mind to heal and enable functioning that brings fulfilment.
I believe it takes a community to raise a child and through this belief, I involve others in a collaborative approach to care. The skills and knowledge of others, including professionals, family and friends, can provide the support needed for recovery.
The importance of early identification and intervention of health issues is essential as a means to minimise disability and maximise recovery. Physical and mental health are not separate and through an holistic, nursing-based philosophy, a healthier and more productive life can be achieved.
I trained as a Registered Nurse in Wales before emigrating to Australia in 1989. I had twenty years experience as a General Nurse before specialising in the area of mental health and drug and alcohol treatment.
I am able to provide clinical care and treatment for people over the age of twelve years. This includes psychiatric and drug and alcohol assessments supported by treatment options and therapeutic interventions. You have the option of individual or family counselling.
Having worked for both public and private health facilities for over thirty years, I have gained extensive experience across a broad range of nursing. I am considered an expert in my field and feel confident I can provide a high level of care to support you through illness and recovery.
• Master of Nursing Practice (Nurse Practitioner), Deakin University.
• Postgraduate Diploma in Nursing Practice (Mental Health), Melbourne University.
• Postgraduate Diploma in Alcohol and Drug Studies, Adelaide University
• Sexual and Reproductive Health Nursing, Family Planning Victoria, Melbourne.
• Registered General Nurse, Prince Charles Hospital, Wales.
Recent Awards and Nominations
• Best Presentation at the Primary Mental Health Conference, Canberra, April 2016 (ACMHN) titled: "I didn’t know I was an entrepreneur".
• Nominated for Powercor Geelong Business Excellence Awards, 2017.
• Winner of the Australian Mental Health Nurse Achievement Award 2017.
•Finalist in four categories in Geelong Business Excellence Awards 2018.
Finalist in four categories in Geelong Business Excellence Awards 2019.
• Winner of Bank First 'Innovation in Business', Australian College of Nurse Practitioners (ACNP) Awards 2019.
• Admitted as a Fellow of the Australian College of Nurse Practitioners (ACNP), September 2019.
Sian Pritchard can be contacted on 0412 162 338